The Hospitality Ministry helps to achieve Grace Fellowship's Mission of "Going and Making Lifelong Disciples of Jesus Christ."
Our goal is to make Grace Fellowship Church a welcoming, safe environment for all people, making them feel at home with us and assisting them with any needs they might have. Serving on this team provides believers of Christ an opportunity to extend the hospitality and love that Jesus extended to us.
- Will set up the tables at the end of each service, welcome guests at the church with a warm smile, hand gifts and information about our church to approaching guests, and receive guest cards from visitors
Welcome Center Team
- Will "man" the Welcome Center, provide information and answers to questions, sign people up for events, and direct people where they ought to go
- Will greet people as they arrive, help people to find their way around the church, provide any necessary assistance to guests, and help pass out any materials (e.g. sermon notes) for the day
- Will assist Greeters with welcoming & directing people, pass the offering plates during offering, direct the flow of people during communion, and will address any distractions occurring in the sanctuary (rare)
Parking Lot Team
- Will help direct the flow of traffic on Sunday mornings
Cycle of Service
Each team will serve once every six (6) weeks. They will serve both services and will show up at the Hospitality Room (HR) at 8:15am on the Sunday when they serve.
"Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sin. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace."
-1 Peter 4:8-10
“For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality."
- Romans 12:3-13